Sunday, August 14, 2005

An Old Friend

I'll be saying good-bye to a lot of people this month, but none have I spent as much time with as the one I bid farewell to today. She's been there through thick and thin, rain and snow, tears of joy and tears of sadness. She was steady as a rock, and never talked back, even when I yelled at her. Plus, she got great gas mileage.

Yes, I sold my car today. A friend from ultimate bought it, which eased a lot of my worries about the process. It was the first time he had bought one, and my first time selling, so we walked through the whole thing together, and made the transaction today. It was a prime example of a win-win situation--I was able to sell something that I needed to get rid of, and he was able to get a reliable vehicle to get around in, for a price that suited both of us. All that said, I never want to buy or sell a car again.

It's not that the car didn't run great, or that it wasn't nice to have. But the hassle that went into researching, buying, maintaining, paying for, and attempting to sell the car was not an experience I wish to duplicate. Plus, it's looking like I'll be spending a good portion of the rest of my life abroad, where purchasing a car won't be an issue.

I praise God that the process went as smooth as it did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is wonderful. Congrats on getting through the process. P.S. I am so excited that you have a blog! I look forward to checking out the latest on you!

Bethany Metters