Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Beautiful Utah

Utah is beautiful. (I know at least one reader of this blog, Nat, will agree!) The train follows a river canyon for a while, past ranches, through tunnels and into rolling hills. I woke up this morning about 7 a.m. (MT), after a pretty good night’s sleep, considering the circumstances. At the time, we were stopped in Salt Lake City, approximately three hours behind schedule. The only good news about this scenario is that it means we were able to see the Wasatch Range of mountains near SLC in the light; otherwise, it would have been pitch black. I’ve discovered the observation car, with big windows, no curtains, and seats that face outside. There is a movie playing, strangers are conversing and everyone (it seems) is enjoying the ride. I’m tired after a late night on Monday and not sleeping straight through last night, but am excited to see Carol and Katie in a few hours. I’m running low on battery power, so this will probably be my last entry until Grand Junction.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Chris,
You are right, I do agree! The Wasatch Front (in northern Utah) is beautiful, I'm sad I won't be able to go there soon to see the fall colors this year in the mountains! I hope you have a great trip back to the Midwest! (I had a great time in the Twin Cities, and the State fair was definitely all about the food! check out the pictures on my blog, ha!)

Anonymous said...

Blogger Scores NYT Op-Ed
Congrats to blogger Jeremy Blachman . He scored the opportunity to write an op-ed for the New York Times.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a home business work at home site. It pretty much covers home business work at home related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)