Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ironic Timing

I really like this church I've been attending. I hung out yesterday with people indirectly related to the church, and will spend this evening with people directly related to it. Lots of young people with similar passions, and plenty of older folks to learn from.

In church this morning, the pastor was making an illustration and asked everyone who was 25 years old to stand up. There were two of us, and he proceeded to explain that he would give each of us a $25 gift certificate to a restaurant...if we came to church next week. The point he was trying to make was not why I'm blogging this. It was the irony that today is the last day that I will be 25...I turn 26 tomorrow. He said the offer is still valid, and I think he's serious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! Are you doing anything fun? Maybe take a trip to the coast, enjoy the warm water for me!