Saturday, April 15, 2006

Winter vs. Summer

A great perspective on the weather in Central Florida was given to me recently.

Someone told me that summer in Orlando is like winter in Michigan: people will complain about it, no one goes outside, and the rest of the year is nice. How true. Back home during the winter months, most folks go from heated homes to heated cars to heated workplaces, only venturing outside to participate in snowsports, or shovel the driveway. Here, people simply don't go outside during the summer, going from air conditioned homes to air conditioned cars to air conditioned workplaces.

The only problem, for me, is that I would much rather go out and play in 0 degree weather with snow, than 90 degree weather with 100 percent humidity. Everyone tells me the horror stories of summers here, and I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: