Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Grandpa's 80th Birthday Party

We had a big shin-dig in Michigan on Saturday for my Grandpa's 80th birthday party (and my Grandma's 78th). It was the first time in nine years that all of their kids, grandkids and great-grandkids have been together in one place. Christie and I flew up for an elongated Labor Day weekend and it was well worth it. Lots of time with my parents and plenty of other relatives.

The best part was when we first arrived at their house for the party--because they had no clue we were in town! My grandpa told us to never do that again or else he might have a heart attack. My grandma thought that I was my brother at first until she did a double-take and it finally sunk in.

It certainly gave them something to talk about at the Dairy Barn, the coffee shop in town where all the locals hang out! (In all actuality, I'm sure they'll be talking about it for months to come.)

No comments: