Saturday, May 24, 2008

Life is Awesome

I don't use the word awesome very much. I once heard the Hope College worship leader, Dwight Beal, say that the word in its original meaning and usage is to be reserved for the things that truly show the awe-inspiring nature of God (or something like that). Ever since that time, I use it sparingly.

But, as you can see from this photo, I am using the word to describe this incredible thing called life--new life. Christie and I are expecting December 14. She is 11 weeks along and is actually feeling pretty good. We appreciate your prayers at this time!

9 comments:

Dustin Moody said...

Congratulations, Chris! I'm excited for you and Christie and praying for the both of you.

Allison said...

congrats!

An and Derek said...

CONGRATS! We're due around the same time, actually!
Very, very, very exciting.
~Andrea

Little Nova said...

Yay!

Mindy said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! I remember Dwight's message about the word "awesome" and this is definitely an appropriate usage... possible the *most* awesome thing we can experience in our lives on earth - the creation of a new one! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! OH my goodness! How exciting! You are going to be a great dad! And Christie will be a great mom! Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!

Holly Bonnema

BJones said...

Congrats buddy. I guess I need to check in with the blog more often. I almost missed this. How exciting! This makes me very happy for you both. Many blessings.

Mary DY said...

That is very exciting!! Congrats to you both.

Mary DY said...

Congratulations to you both! Parenting is an awesome and VERY humbling experience!