Friday, March 14, 2008

Cameroon Dedication

(Sorry all, I'm reposting this with a new video link--it's better quality and now has the appropriate copyright info. I deleted the earlier version.)

In 2004, I visited West Africa to spend time with some friends who had joined Wycliffe Bible Translators and moved to the country of Cameroon. During my trip, I met a translator couple who were working with a language community, and were coming close to the time when they would be able to celebrate the completion of the New Testament. It was because of this trip that I decide to join and am now serving with Wycliffe in Orlando.

This video is of the dedication event, held last month, for this New Testament. What a tremendous experience, for a community to receive God's Word in their language for the first time! Though I would have loved to have been there, this is the next best thing.

No comments: