Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wal-Mart

First I post pictures of me petting a cat, now I'm posting pictures of Wal-Mart? Actually, I'm stranded in NW Arkansas right now (have you seen the weather in this part of the country tonight?) and didn't have anything to do.

So, since Bentonville (home of Wal-Mart) is right here, I thought I should drop in on the Wal-Mart visitor center, which is in the building of the Waltons' very first store in Bentonville. Wow...who would have thought a museum devoted to a store?

And of course, there was a gift shop. Wal-Mart hats, Sam Walton pencils, postcards of his truck, etc. I couldn't leave without a little souvenir for Christie, either. She loves Wal-Mart, almost as much as I don't like it.

2 comments:

Little Nova said...

I don't like Walmart either.
Of course, Sams Club...well that's an entirely different thing...

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I would hardly say I LOVE Wal-Mart.... Love is a strong word, after all -- one reserved only for people and food.... :)

I just happen to find it conveniently located in multiple locations across the city (you know, from when they wiped out all the Mom & Pop businesses). I have had moments of conviction about it, though -- if you recall, I was at Wal-Mart and suddenly thought of the local farmers, whereupon I unloaded my entire cart and went home....

-C