Saturday, January 26, 2008

Training

A few weeks ago, two of our friends from church completed the Disney Marathon (congrats Alissa and Lydia!).

Their completion of this monumental task inspired me--at the encouragement of Christie--to start training for my own. I decided to start off smaller, setting a goal of running a half-marathon in 2008, and then maybe a marathon in 2009.

I started training this week and ran 10 miles. This was the most since high school, when I was at the peak of my fitness (working out and/or running almost every day). Hopefully this keeps up, and I'll be sure to update you all through the blog. And for those of you in San Francisco, I'm considering running in the SF Marathon (first half) this summer, so stay tuned for a possible visit out West.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the training Chris! And we'll hope to see you this summer!!

Unknown said...

10 miles at once or in total? :-) Good job and keep it up!!!

Jess said...

Good luck!! My sister just ran the Tampa marathon on Sunday and we were so inspired by everyone there. Let me know if you want any info on her training program. It seemed to work beautifully for her! :)

~ Joshua Harber said...

This is something else we have in common: I'm beginning to pick up running with the goal (no measurable, time-specific parameter yet set) to run at least a mini-marathon. Today was my first bit, on a treadmill, in a hotel, in Kansas. ;-)