Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Can Swim!

Several of you have written to me wondering how swim lessons went. In short, the class was fun and successful. It was supposed to be a two-week class, but the the three students and our teacher got along so well--and were making such good progress--that we decided to keep going for another two weeks!

By the end, we were all much more comfortable in the water, able to tread water (still not as efficiently as I would like, but good enough for the time being), swim using several different strokes, and float three different ways. Most importantly, the three of us now have the skills necessary to save ourselves if anything unfortunate should happen in the water.

Thanks for the prayers. And if there's ever a pool around the next time we're together, ask me to show off my new skills!

1 comment:

Allison said...

hooray - swimming is so important!