Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Why only 24 hours?

I often am disappointed at the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day.

To maintain an all-around healthy life, we're supposed to: exercise, eat healthy (which means taking time to menu plan and cook meals), spend time in God's Word, journal, pray, mentor someone, be mentored, engage with a church community, keep up on the latest world news, spend time with family and friends, read books, and relax.

And we're supposed to do all that, plus go to work, with only 24 hours in a day? Yeah, right. I like to get eight hours of sleep every night in order to be at my best, but I doubt I could do all of the above even if I only got four hours.

And there's also that neglected blog...

3 comments:

BJones said...

Good to see you back on the blog C.Wink. Hope all is well my friend

Anonymous said...

Maybe the problem is with what we think we're "supposed" to do. Perhaps God's expectations for us aren't nearly as many as the ones we (and others) put on us....

Unknown said...

The solution is easy, just cut out the work part. You should be able to do all the rest of that stuff without any work going on.