Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rocket in the Rear View Mirror

There's only a few places on earth where you can look in the rear view mirror and see a rocket heading out to space. Central Florida is one of those areas, and this experience happened to me on Saturday.

I was heading west on the Beachline Expressway, on my way back to Orlando after an ultimate tournament in Palm Bay, when I looked in my rear view mirror to see a thick smoke trail with a ball of flame at the end of it. Cars were pulled off on the side of the expressway to take pictures. I was clueless, thinking that there was a shuttle launch that I had not heard about.

So when I got home, I found this article about a rocket launch that took place at that time.

Last summer's shuttle launch was one of the coolest things that I've seen in my life--and that was from my front yard! It's one of the few redeeming factors that I've found about living in Central Florida.

No comments: