Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Disturbing Revelation About My Fingers

My fingers are small.

This was made painfully aware to me by a man at the jewelery counter at JC Penney today. Christie and I were looking at wedding bands for me, and most of the styles come in sizes of 10 or higher. I, as it turns out, wear a 7.5. So we went on-line, thinking that there would be a better selection there. WRONG. The lowest size was 8.5.

Do I really have such small fingers that no major jeweler or department store carries a ring within one full size of my own? The answer, sadly, is yes.

(A disclaimer: plain white gold bands are available in my size, but this is the ONLY style available. We're looking into other options...)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Does your small fingers give you insight about your frisbee game? Ever jump up and try to catch a disc, but those fingers just couldn't make it? How about thumb wrestling? Or video games?

Unknown said...

Well at least your hands are big enough to write notes all over!
:-)
Happy wedding buddy! I wish I could be there.

An and Derek said...

Less than a week til the big day! May God bless you sooooooooooooo richly and we pray for awesome weather and a beautiful day. Can't wait to see pics! Hope I'll get to meet your girl some day!
love, Andrea

Mindy said...

congratulations on your upcoming wedding! i found your blog linking through jen (bodine) wolthius, megs, mark & tara foreman...

Not sure if you'll remember me from Hope Ultimate... I lived with Sam (Sandro) Cressler and played for a couple of years. Anyway, best wishes to you and your fiance!

-Mindy (Chamberlain) Denning