Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

For the first time in the 26 Thanksgiving Day weekends that I've celebrated during the course of my life, I went shopping on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). I absolutely needed a dark suit for some meetings in New York next week, and they were (of course) deeply discounted at JC Penney--the only store I ever shop for clothes.

I had a game plan: one store, only looking at certain items, in and out in one hour. Did I reach my goal? I got everything I needed at good prices and was walking out of the store about an hour and 10 minutes after entering. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

An and Derek said...

Hey Chris! Good shopping skills! As for me, a first time as well. I actually had never known the day had a actual name for it... but yes, very black indeed. Don't know if i'll battle those crowds again... but I did managed to snag a few deals! I think i spent 20 dollars total, but got 3 things. OOh, what a big spender. :)
Hope allllll is well with you! And hope you had a great thanksgiving. We have sooooo much to be thankful for don't we!!!
Anyway, if you wanted to check our out blog, it's derekandreageneva.blogspot.com
Well, take care, love An