Saturday, May 20, 2006

Smells and Sounds

San Francisco is a special place. Every city is unique in its own way, but there really is something about SF. When I flew into Oakland last night, I could see the sun setting behind the City (SF) and this warm feeling let me know that I was back home (at least, in one of several places I call home).

Riding BART from Oakland to SF, there is a very distinctive sound that the train makes (a friend of mine absolutely can't stand the sound). For me, it conjures up good memories--mainly going to A's games. The busses also make a unique sound, particularly the electric ones. I'm staying at my old house, and there are several bus lines running down our streets (we're on a corner).

The smells--not counting pot, of course--cannot be described on a blog. You just have to be here to experience it. Maybe it's simply because I lived here for a while, but I urge you to come and check it out!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. A's/Giants baseball game this afternoon, dinner with a large group of friends tonight, Bay to Breakers and church tomorrow morning, then informal visits with folks tomorrow afternoon. The one issue, though, is that it creates the dilemma of so many great places to eat (Mexican, Indian, Thai), and so little time. I'm thinking Mexican for lunch today, Indian for lunch tomorrow followed by a Thai dinner? You can see my issues with this! :-)

No comments: