Saturday, November 29, 2008

Looking Ahead to Our Future Home

Many of you know that in June 2009, Christie and I are hoping to make the move to Jos, Nigeria, to continue our work in support of worldwide Bible translation. Unless you're paying close attention to the world news, you might have missed this news story out of Jos. (Although it has been creeping up the headlines in the last 12 hours or so.)

Please pray for all residents of Jos, Muslim and Christian alike, and for the violence to cease immediately. From the limited news I've heard, all of our colleagues are okay and we continue to pray for their safety amidst this crisis.

2 comments:

Little Nova said...

I totally just sent you an email about the crisis over there---last night...I just saw the headline on BBC yesterday (I never rely on US News outlets alone)...

Then, I looked at your blog today.

Yep, it looks like a replay of 2006 all over again. Not good.

Little Nova said...

*I mean 2001*