Saturday, July 21, 2007

Swim Lessons

For the first time in something like 15 years, I'll be taking swim lessons.

There have been valiant attempts before to teach me to swim: my friend George offering me a swim lesson if I taught him tennis (high school); lessons through the county (middle school); random people offering me the miracle 15-minute lesson. Nothing stuck.

But I'm tired of being afraid to go out in water over my head, I know that learning to swim will be necessary when we move overseas, and if that wasn't enough to push me to take lessons, there was the little canoe accident out in northern California a few years ago.

Pray for me that I would be a good student and that the methods taught would stick with me. Classes are 40 minutes long and run Monday-Thursday for the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I hope your lessons went well!